British Bachelor’s Degree in Moscow
RANEPA Academy in partnership with the Moscow School of Higher Social and Economic Sciences, is opening two British Bachelor’s Degree programs, validated by the University of Manchester, UK (3 degrees in 4 years).
Students will receive instruction according to British standards, in coordination with the best traditions of Russian education.
1. Two degrees. A British diploma from Manchester University and a standard Russian diploma.
2. Instruction in Russian. Prospective foreign students who know Russian, or who complete a preparatory course in the Russian language, will have a unique opportunity to study in Russian.
3. A high level of linguistic preparation. Students study Russian and English. In the third and fourth years, instruction will be partially presented in English.
4. International internships. Students of this faculty will have the opportunity to participate in language and professional internships abroad.
5. Written examinations. The majority of examinations are given in written form (essays). Independent examiners from abroad will grade them.
6. Access to a unique library. The library contains more than 20,000 books in the English and Russian languages.
7. Master’s degree. Students have the opportunity to continue their education in a Master’s program in Great Britain, or in the British Master’s programs in the Moscow School of Higher Social and Economic Sciences.
a) Management in the Creative Arts
Management in the realm of contemporary culture and creative economics, management of cultural projects, including those in traditional institutions (e.g. museums, libraries, theatres, and cultural centers) is the ability to work with diverse contexts, contemporary standards of lifestyle, quality of cultural products and services, cultural markets, current formats of cultural life and activity in cities and communities.
Skills of our Graduates: Ability to think outside the box, work in a constantly changing environment, take the lead in unique management and professional assignments.
- Essential knowledge in the humanities – history, visual arts, and the philosophy of culture
- Managerial (administrative) competence, which allows graduates to be successful in administrative development, innovative practices, and in making nonstandard administrative decisions. Our courses focus on cultural policy and strategic management, the foundations of economy and financial management, project administration, and creative management.
- The foundations of cultural entrepreneurship, which allows graduates to work in the fields of contemporary cultural and creative industries.
Elective courses are grouped into four categories:
- 1. Municipal development
- 2. New media
- 3. Contemporary cultural practices
- 4. Administration of cultural heritage
Practicum: Real-world experience in the leading cultural institutions of Moscow, and a significant number of practice-oriented courses each year allow graduates to begin professional work immediately after graduation.
- · History and theory of visual arts
- · Popular Culture
- · Economics of culture and creative economy
- · Administration of culture heritage
- · Project management
- · Contemporary cultural markets
- · History of entrepreneurship in Russia
- · Business planning
b) International Politics in a Cultural Context
An innovative program of political theory and political processes in the challenging conditions of a modern globalized and multi-cultural world.
Skills of our Graduates:
- Fluency in political theory, and how it has developed from antiquity through the last decade of the 21st century
- The ability to orient oneself in the historical-cultural context of a constantly changing world
- The ability to analyze and predict political processes in the modern, globalized world.
Program Outline: This program is focused on a fundamentally new specialty for Russia – politics in a historic and cultural context. Modern politics must be viewed in global terms. Globalization implies the mutual growth – and the occasional clash – of different cultural traditions and the historical experiences associated with them.
Program Specifics: This program views politics and history as closely interconnected disciplines and focuses on the study of political ideas in the context of historical and cultural development.
Program Graduates: Our graduates are specialists who know how to combine the competencies of a political scientist and a cultural commentator, and who are skilled in political and cultural analysis. They are able to see the modern world as it is changing, and able to recognize important changes before they become history.
- Contemporary world history and political geography
- Comparative politics
- The state, nation, and nationalism in contemporary society
- Muslim society and orientalism
- Political demography and global politics
- Cultural politics and history of culture